Well, Amanda and I are spending our first New Year's as a married couple in an unusual way: we'll be on a mission trip in Panama. We'll be going with Will Willimon, bishop of the North Alabama Conference, and other young clergy types. We're not sure exactly what we'll be doing, despite the fact that I'm one of the only folks going who have been to this area of Panama (although I went in 1999, and my major contributions were my excessive sweat aiding in mortar maintence and playing with the 40 Panamanian children who came to watch us work). We're allegedly going to be staying in a hotel in David, which is about 45 minutes away from Ceinaguita, where we will likely be working. Last time I went we were helping put the walls up on their building, and this time there's a chance we might be laying some tile on the floor, so it'll be neat to see the way things progressed since then. Hopefully it won't be quite as hot since it'll be in December, although I'm sure it'll still be pretty warm.
In other news, I'm kind of excited about the possibility of Alabama and FSU playing in 2007. That'd be pretty neat, and a lot better than adding a D-2 team or something to fill the 12th game. As per usual, the only thing holding up the deal is money, with CBS wanting to get a piece of the action instead of just letting ABC cover it.
2 comments:
I'll be in Panama with you. Looking forward to it. Glad you'll be there.
--MATT
Wow. That sounds like a cool trip! Take lots of pictures for me!
Post a Comment