As so eloquently described by Will over at DBH Dance Party, last weekend was less than pleasant for me. I tend to not pay much attention to basketball, only noticing so far that Alabama seems to suck this year and that, well, Tech hasn't been much better. I did notice for a while about the whole Kelvin Sampson thing at Indiana, since my Grandpa taught at Entomology at IU for quite a few years and my Grandma still lives up there, but that's been the extent of my basketball interaction this year.
Up until this weekend. I went over to Brian and Ashlyn's on Thursday and noticed that Alabama was actually beating Florida, so I of course texted Lonnie from seminary to talk trash with him. Alabama amazingly held on, so I began paying attention to basketball, albeit momentarily. Then came the tornado. Then came U(sic)GA. Then I look up and see Georgia assistant Pete Herrmann on ESPN. So not only do they come onto my team's home floor, disgrace it by their mere presence, and win a conference championship to get into the NCAA tournament, they get a dude who's stolen all but 4 letters of my first and last names as an assistant coach to help them do it. Thus, Will and I had the text message and phone conversations that led me to ask why he, knowing I work in a church, would try to get me fired.
And as if that weren't enough, I walk into my house last night and find sitting on my couch a certain female congregant with a Georgia t-shirt on. As soon as I saw it, I expressed my dismay and found a Tech hat. Then I got my "I think therefore I am NOT A DAWG" t-shirt and wore that. I imagine that exchange was a first for a UMW meeting at Cullman First UMC.
And, speaking of my place of employment, our contemporary services are now being recorded in their entirety.
No comments:
Post a Comment