Friday, February 18, 2011

Great Grizzard in Heaven


Julia is sad and dares anyone to kill anymore trees, including this one (I think a water oak) in our front yard.

I don't know what I think about people in heaven worrying over current events on Earth, but if they do, let me assure you that Lewis Grizzard, Jr. is sitting around, petting UGA VIII and shaking his head in disgust as he types up his column about Harvey Almorn Updike, crazy lunatics, and the evil empire of Paul Finebaum - because Lewis and I both know there is nothing prettier for a Georgia fan (or an Alabama fan) than the trees at Toomer's Corner early on a Sunday morning in the fall, when they stand toiletpaper-less after your team beat Auburn the night before.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Julia does however, want to be able to at least paint the petrified stump at Samford Park like her forbears before her. ;)

Sh said...

Yeah... don't think the stump is going anywhere... let me know if she needs moral support/photographic evidence ;)