Thursday, March 22, 2007

eeewwwwwwwwwww

In the midst of my sermon practicing this afternoon I received a call from one William Lamar Heath, Esquire, informing me that he had broken his "Prothro bone." As any of you that have seen me around blood will know, I have a very weak stomach, so I nearly vomited thrice on the music stand that I use as a pulpit in our contemporary worship service. I rallied, however, and managed to listen to Will's tale of woe without completely losing my lunch. It appears that his foot looked "like jello" after the incident. I can't really tell you any more specifics - not because Will didn't tell me, but because I was trying so hard not to vomit that I missed some of what he was saying. But that's alright, he was doped up on "something like morphine, but better" so he probably doesn't remember that the conversation even happened. Good luck recovering Will, and make sure I have a barf bag before you retell the incident again around me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe ... if you think it sounded gross, you should've been there to see it.

Hug your mom next time you see her. That was really, really sweet.

wlh