Tuesday, March 20, 2007

"Let us go to Dothan"

As you might have guessed from Peter's Trivial Pursuit victory (See the last post), not to mention the title of this post, we recently made a trip to Dothan. We finally bought a digital camera, so now we can bombard you with lame and "interesting" pictures from our excursions.






Genesis 37:17 statue of Joseph and his coat. I thought it was a big coat. That looks like an amazing technicolor dream jacket.
















Sing it with me, Willy Wonka kid. "I've got a golden peanut." Dothan is big into Peanuts.














I got my picture made with a peanut farmer. hehe. Get it? A peanut farmer. hehe.











This tree grows near Geneva, Alabama. As the plaque underneath it states, this tree was growing there at the time of the signing of the U.S. constitution - it is a "living witness . . . and continues to grow with our nation in strength and character." It really is huge - that red dot is Peter's shirt.





Part of our trip was spent at a bed and breakfast near Dothan, Garden Path Inn. It was more comfortable than a regular hotel - and really relaxing. The food was almost too good. And the dogwoods were in bloom there already. Yay.

3 comments:

David said...

I can tell you with all certainty that the tree in Geneva is the center of town, no matter that it is out by the rievr. It is where graduation is held (I went to my brother-in-law's HS grad there). It is near where the old post office for the town was, and is the center of the River Festival.
Thanks for the post, it reminds me of one of my "other" homes.
Peace,
DC

Amanda said...

Peter thought I was crazy when we were driving through there and I said I wanted to ask someone how to find the big tree. I had been there about 5 years ago with my grandmother, but couldn't remember if it was in Geneva or another small town near there. Luckily, I asked someone at the Geneva Wal-Mart (one of the few remaining non-super-centers), and got directions that helped get us there. Peter thought I had lost it when I said, "I came here a few years ago with my grandmother and we went to this really big tree..."

Anonymous said...

Wow ... I thought I was the only one with pictures of people I know in Dothan. Sweet.

wlh