Thursday, May 03, 2007

4th quarter. 4th quarter. 4th quarter

So, it's 2:17 a.m., and I've got 6 hours and 13 minutes until I have any prospect of sleeping. I'll get to go through a "sleep-deprived EEG" so that my central-time neurologist can look at my brain waves while I'm sleeping. Basically, I'm not allowed to sleep for 24 hours, nor can I have caffeine. They're more or less trying to force me to fall asleep during the test. Anyway, I'm in the midst of trying to stay awake, so I figured I'd update the blog in case anyone's curious.

So what's been going on with the von Herrmanns the last month? Work, vacation, work, work, work. That pretty much summarizes it. We went for a vacation three weeks ago down to Fort Morgan, which was a nice getaway. We basically stayed inside and bummed around for a majority of the time, but it was nice to get away from the office and work and everything and just be together.

The last two weeks, I've been holding down the fort while Bob, our senior minister, went to Greece with an ICE group that he's a facilitator for. It was a little crazy the first weekend after he left, since we had two people in the congregation die before he had left the country. I ended up doing two funerals in one day, which was quite the experience, particularly since I'd only met one of the people I was eulogizing. I think I pulled it off pretty well - I managed not to mess up their names, which was my primary goal.

Since that initial burst, it's actually been pretty calm, except for the trouble I've stirred up on my own. As a result of that, we'll have a couple of Sunday School classes changing rooms, but it'll be a good thing all around once we get through the transition.

Amanda's still having a blast playing with the Hispanic kids on the bus on Tuesday afternoons and tutoring a couple on Tuesday mornings. I'd like to join her at some point, but my schedule's usually crazy enough that I don't think I could be dependable.

Anyway, I think I'm going to rewatch some of the Matrix trilogy now. That should keep me awake. Already hit some 24 earlier. Just need stuff blowing up and I'll be good to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just don't listen to any Bebo. That'll put you to sleep faster than Nyquil.

wlh

Anonymous said...

I hope the tests were productive. Sorry to hear you have to go through all this again. What trouble did you stir up? you'll have to tell me all the juicy details at some point.

tim