Saturday, February 25, 2006

aaaaaaah, . . . pecan pralines

Our church, (Druid Hills United Methodist Church), is having fourth-Sunday-lunch tomorrow themed around New Orleans (Mardi Gras, remembering Katrina evacuees and issues). People are making all sorts of Cajun foods. I am making my usual corn casserole, but I also decided I would try a new recipe for pecan pralines, "tout de suite pecan pralines." Tout de suite means immediately for you non-frenchies out there. It is a microwave recipe from Lane, a fellow Candlerite of Peter's who is interning at our church. I've made Paula Deen pralines before, but I thought I should try these out for tomorrow. The recipe I made (I tripled it) had 6 cups of sugar in it. mmm good. It was very sticky, I made a huge mess, and licking the bowl and eating as many as I could talk myself into eating, I have such a sugar high. I almost can't type this! Wheeeee. I bet I'll be sick later. I wonder if it will be worth it. aaaaah, pralines. I miss New Orleans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for calling me!!!!

tim